Since our inception in 2000, RagingWire has fostered a healthy respect for the environment. We have built common sense and sustainable practices into everything we do. But being environmentally responsible isn't just good for the community and the planet - its good business.
We work closely with our clients to help them monitor and improve their energy efficiency. For our efforts, we have received numerous environmental and sustainability awards, but we don't stop there. We constantly refine our processes to improve our power and resource efficiency, reduce and recycle wastes, and help us to operate more productively.
Efficiency and sustainability is key to all we do.
- Our power conservation efforts have saved more than 9,000,000 kWh of energy. That’s enough electricity to drive a whole fleet of Tesla Roadsters once around the equator at max speed!
- We've increased our chilled water plant and cooling system efficiency, conserving an additional 250,000 kWh of electricity per month.
- Our two chemical-free water treatment systems have eliminated chemical use entirely and reduced our water discharged by 80%.
- We recycle 100% of the cardboard, steel, copper, and aluminum we use for construction and other activities. In paper and cardboard recycling alone, it is equivalent to 36+ mature trees per year.
- We recycle 100% of our lead acid batteries, over 700,000 pounds worth, and donate the proceeds to the United States Wolf Refuge.
- We recycle more than 2,000 pounds of electronic waste per year, from both our own company and as a free service to our valued clients.
Our social and environmental responsibility is an essential part of contributing to and protecting the community we live in.
For example, RagingWire actively supports the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) for Wildlife Research, Education and Conservation. JGI works to advance the power of individuals to take informed and compassionate action to improve the environment for all living things.
Most recently, Ragingwire has received community awards for our energy conservation and pollution prevention measures, including:
- EPA ENERGY STAR certified
- LEED Gold certified
- Sacramento Busines Journal, Green Leadership Award - RagingWire won this award based on our data center energy efficiency retrofits at our Sacramento data center campus which greatly reduced the PUE at both data centers and replaced inefficient equipment with efficient alternatives such as variable-speed pumps and fans and adiabatic humidification units.
- Sacramento Sustainable Business Award - Sacramento County Business Environmental Resource Center named RagingWire as a Gold-level Sacramento Sustainable Business, Business of the Year award winner. We earned this award for driving energy efficiency and implementing pollution prevention measures across all of our business operations.
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s Community Energy Award - This prestigious award honors RagingWire as a customer who values and demonstrates energy efficiency and environmental sensitivity.
- Sacramento Business Journal, Environmentally Friendly Businesses - RagingWire is certified by Sacramento Business Environmental Resource Center as a sustainable business in all five areas: energy, green building, pollution prevention, solid waste reduction, and water consumption.