March 26, 2020
To our Valued Customers,
As the global pandemic of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to evolve, we want to provide an update on our ongoing response to clients and partners during this challenging time.
Our teams are working diligently to continue to maintain mission-critical data center operations and support for you and your customers. We have had several customers ask us what they can do to help during these difficult times, which we greatly appreciate.
Going forward, we ask that all of our customers use extreme caution when deciding whether or not to come into the data centers — please do not consider this business as usual at this point in time.
We are asking for your help to limit the spread of the virus and protect the safety and well-being of our on-site employees working to maintain critical data center operations.
Here are a few things that you can do to help:
- Do not come to the data center unless absolutely necessary: Our data centers are still open and fully operational. We are asking all customers to please avoid coming into the data center unless critical work needs to be performed.
- Utilize our onsite staff for your tasks: Please remember that we have onsite staff that can help with simple tasks through our remote hands and eyes services—we ask that you consider using this team before sending staff into the data centers. For more information, please contact your account manager or call 916-286-4090 to schedule services.
- If you must come in, here are steps to help protect the safety of your teams and ours: If you have an urgent task that mandates you coming to our data centers, we ask that you limit the areas you access. Avoid all common areas and shared workspaces within the data center.
Here is what we are doing to protect the people in our data center:
- Health screening protocols: We are implementing new health screening protocols by asking all entrants to the data centers about their recent travel and any illnesses. We ask for compliance from all of our customers and partners, and patience from your staff as we implement these additional steps.
- New building access protocols: We are changing access protocols to help avoid cross contamination across physical sites:
- We are now asking all customers and staff to enter through the main lobby of each building and to be cleared by security before entering internal spaces.
- We will not allow any personnel to travel between buildings, including our own internal employees. Any client, guest, or contractor that is permitted or authorized to come onsite (essential personnel) will be allowed to enter a building but will be refused entry to another building should they request to, or if they show up at another building.
- Increased cleaning and sterilization: For the past several weeks, we have implemented increased cleaning and sterilization throughout the data center to help limit potential exposure to customers and employees.
- Handling shipments and packages appropriately: All shipments and packages are handled by employees with gloves and are quarantined for a period of no less than 24 hours.
- Keeping all non-critical personnel away: For the past two weeks we have directed all our non-critical personnel to work remotely, thus minimizing chances for the virus to spread from person to person.
Thank you for your cooperation at this critical juncture in the global fight against the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to update you with any changes in procedures, and we look forward to resuming our normal rules of operation when the time is appropriate.
Remember, the best thing you can do right now to help keep our data centers safe is to simply stay away from the facilities. Please utilize our on-site staff for simple tasks as much as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact your account manager or your specific site contact below:
- California: Nick Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas: Mike Kinsey – email@example.com
- Virginia: Matt Beckman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Sites: Jim Scala – email@example.com
You can also reach our NOC 24x7 Support team at 916-286-4090.
President and CEO
Senior Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer
Senior Vice President of Operations
RagingWire NOC 24x7 Support: 916-286-4090
RagingWire General Line: 916-286-3000