March 10, 2020
To our Valued Customers,
There is no higher priority to us than the well-being of our clients, partners and employees. We have been working closely with local health and government authorities to take the appropriate precautionary measures across our data center sites.
As the situation regarding the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak continues to evolve, we want to reassure you that we have plans in place to keep our data center facilities open and serviced with critical operations continuing at any hazard threat level.
Our preparations and actions are calibrated to the hazard level, as defined here:
As of March 10, 2020, all US data center facilities are currently at Hazard Level 1.
|0||No pandemic threat||
|1||Potential pandemic threat||
|2||Concrete pandemic threat||
These are the active steps we are taking to help contain the potential threat, and minimize the risk to both customers and employees:
Specific actions we are taking with our employees and teams:
- Suspension of non-essential business travel for all employees globally.
- Self-quarantine for employees who recently travelled to a high risk area and/or came into prolonged exposure or close contact with relatives/friends/others who recently returned from one.
- Deferring face-to-face meetings which are non-essential and/or involve large numbers of employees. Avoiding public events wherever possible.
- Employees who are feeling unwell are being advised to seek medical advice and work from home until they are fully recovered.
- Observing good personal hygiene practices including regular hand washing with soap and water, and the use of hand sanitizers when soap and water are not easily accessible.
Specific actions we are taking to maintain the data centers:
- Conducting sanitizing activities daily in our workplaces and providing hand sanitizer throughout the facilities for all building occupants.
- Requesting customers, contractors and visitors to self-disclose if they have visited a risk area and the timeframe of the incubation period since leaving the risk area is not yet over.
- Ensuring frequent contact surfaces in our offices are cleaned thoroughly, multiple times daily and providing easily accessible hand sanitizer in our workplaces.
- Ensuring our next-level Business Continuity Plans and protocols are ready to be implemented if/when necessary in future.
If you have any further questions around these precautionary measures, please contact your account manager.
For more about the virus, please see the continuously updated information at the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in the US.
We look forward to working together with you to keep our connected world safe. Should there be an escalation in the hazard level associated with the Covid-19 outbreak, a follow-up communication will be distributed highlighting additional measures being put in place.
Senior Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Information Technology